Are Lightroom presets really worth buying? Should I spend money on other people’s presets? In this tutorial, I’m going to show you the reasons why you should buy Lightroom presets from other photographers.
coming up !
Lightroom presets have been quite popular these days. There are so many photographers out there trying to sell you their own preset pack”me included:)” But are those Lightroom persets really worth buying ? Should I spend money buying other people’s presets or should I develop my own style instead ? In the next few minutes, I’m going to show you the pros and cons about using other photographers presets so that you can figure out if presets are worth investing.
What is a Lightroom preset ?
Before spending any dollar on a product, the first thing you wanna do is to realize what the product actually is. Lightroom is photographers favorite software. It allows you to fully control all the settings on your photos. And a Lightroom preset is just like an Instagram filter that we’ve always used before posting any photo online. A preset can dramatically change the style of your photos in a second so that you don’t have to edit your photos manually. This can be extremely useful if you want to make your photos look in a certain way, but don’t want to spend a lot of time editing. Because a Lightroom preset has already “pre-set” all the settings for your photos, you can simply just click a button, and your photos will change instantly.
With Lightroom presets, you can do this in one second !
Who should buy Lightroom presets ?
When you’re learning a software like Lightroom, there are so many settings you need to learn such as white balance, exposure, contrast, saturation, hue, luminance, tone, sharpness….. literally millions of variations of ways you can color grade a photo !!!
So if you’re trying to edit like some of your favorite photographers, you will have to spend a lot of time testing and failing. That’s why those photographers always sell their own presets.
I know that lots of people would argue that “oh… you shouldn’t buy someone else’s presets, you should develop your own style” But I totally disagree that ! It’s not because I’m also selling presets, it’s because sometimes, using other photographer presets will inspire you to create better photos.
I buy presets all the time because I may want to figure out what kind of settings and colors they’re using. So buying other photographer presets is like “you’re buying their own style” So I would highly recommend spending some money on presets especially if you’re a beginner photographer.
Benefits of using presets :
1. Save a lot of time: When using Lightroom presets, with only one click you’ll be able to instantly get a certain style you want. You don’t have to edit each photo from start to finish anymore !
2. Easy to buy: It’s just a downloadable file. You can get it just as easy as click the download button.
3. Easy to install: It takes you ten second to import the preset files into your Lightroom. If you don’t like the presets, you can also delete it in a matter of second.
4. Easy to use: There is no need to learn how to use presets. All you need to do is to click it ! And the magical thing will happen.
5. Customizable: If you don’t 100% like the way it looks, you’re still able to adjust all those settings by yourself.
6. You can learn from it: Another big big advantage of using other people’s presets is that you can learn how they color grade. Sometimes, I buy presets just because I want to know what kind of color and combination they’re using for a certain subject such as skin tone, water, sky… If you’re new to Lightroom, then using presets will really help you learn it faster and faster !
Are Lightroom presets worth buying ?
As you can see there are so many benefits of using presets for your photos, so my answer is “YES” Lightroom presets are definitely worth the money. I know a lot of people sell their preset pack for hundreds of dollars, and that could be a bit expensive because it’s just a photo filter. So I think Lightroom presets are really worth buying, but it’s definitely not worth hundreds of dollars.
What presets do I need ?
So what presets do you actually need ? Well… there is no answer for that because it all depends on what you’re shooting and what kind of style, color you want. Fortunately, you just came to the right place because we have covered the top 10 BEST presets you will absolutely love ! But there is one thing you need to know “If your image get overexposed, there is no preset that can fix it”
How to install Lightroom presets ?
- Download Lightroom presets(zip file)
- Unzip the file
- Open Lightroom
- Go to: Edit → Preferences → Presets
- Click on the box titled: “Show Lightroom Presets Folder”
- Click on Lightroom → Develop Presets
- Copy the folder of your presets into the “Develop Presets” folder
- Restart Lightroom